I was tricked into being tagged for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Jasmine. Just by reading that post I linked to right there, I was tagged. That is so not fair. But still, if I have to do it, then I have to do it. So let’s get in the mood with a “sunshine” picture:
There are eleven questions I have to answer, so here goes:
1. Of your own writing, who’s your favorite character?
Kara. She’s my best imaginary crazy friend.
2. What trait of any of your own characters do you wish you had yourself?
I wish I had the higher intelligence of the space-traveling alien, you know, so I could build a spaceship and travel through space while sticking my head out the window the whole time to feel the non-air on my face.
3. What’s the biggest pop-culture reference that’s shown up in your writing?
I sort of have a lot of pop culture references. I don’t think I can remember them all, much less put them in order of smallest to biggest.
4. What’s the nicest thing someone has said to you about your writing?
“I’m glad that’s over.”
(That would likely be the same thing I’d hear after sex.)
5. How do you deal with lack of motivation to write?
The same way I deal with lack of motivation to answer a question. 😉
6. Where do you write?
In public, where people can see me talking to myself and making emotional faces based on what my characters are feeling while I’m writing.
7. Where do you wish you could write?
In a quiet place. Seriously, I can’t find a single place in my area that’s completely quiet.
8. What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I like to use the number 8 twice in a list.
8. Name a big-time author you look up to.
9. Name an indie author you look up to.
Shouldn’t this be 10? Whatevs.
10. In your wildest dreams, where does your writing take you?
Standing in a nice dress, staring at a sunset.
(Please tell me you got that pop culture reference and you’re not actually picturing me wearing a nice dress. Not that I want you picturing me wearing an ugly dress.)
11. Have you ever spilled a deep dark secret in your fiction writing?
All the time. I mean, my writing is so not spill-proof.
Okay, technically that was twelve questions.
Okay, technically, two of them weren’t questions.
Anyway, that’s all for now. If you bothered reading this far, don’t worry, I’m not going to tag you. But if you do want to give it a shot, you know, as an excuse to post your own “sunshine” picture, just copy and paste the questions and throw out some answers. So go and spread that sunshine. 🙂